The tourism destination Santa Cruz de Tenerife forms part of the Comprehensive System for Tourism Destination Quality (Spanish initials and hereinafter SICTED) to work with tourism companies and services with the aim of enhancing the experience and satisfaction of visitors to the city and to set up a permanent administrative structure that focuses on boosting quality at the destination.
In the post-COVID-19 era quality is a key strategic and differentiating factor that will be crucial to make our destination and its companies, establishments and services more competitive. To do so, SICTED provides a robust working method to achieve continuous improvement.
What is SICTED?
A project under the auspices of the office of the Spanish Secretary of State for Tourism that aims to achieve a homogeneous quality level in all services provided to tourists at a destination in Spain. It brings together tourism-related establishments and services with up to thirty-five different professions in order to enhance the visitor’s experience of the destination.
Benefits of belonging to SICTED
SICTED provides the following free benefits to member companies, establishments, tourism businesses and services:
- Improved internal management by structuring the processes.
- Enhanced knowledge of the client.
- Creation of a documentation system.
- Putting a best practice guide in place.
- Orientation for managers on options for implementing improvements.
- Boosting the qualifications of the team by means of a training plan.
- Extending the contacts network and knowledge of the destination.
- Free technical assistance in support of the continuous improvement.
- Presence in specific publicity campaigns for the destination.
- Active participation in improvements to the tourist destination.
- Members can opt for the Destination Tourism Quality distinction.
Contact the Manager of the Santa Cruz de Tenerife SICTED
Our organisation – Sociedad de Desarrollo de Santa Cruz de Tenerife – manages the SICTED in Santa Cruz de Tenerife. We help the establishments, companies and tourist services in the city to obtain the tourism quality certification.
Please don’t hesitate to send us your queries and suggestions:
Sociedad de Desarrollo de Santa Cruz de Tenerife
Área de Turismo y Comercio
Plaza Víctimas del Terrorismo, 1. 38003 Santa Cruz de Tenerife
+34 922 53 33 53